New Tasker is out! This one’s pretty exciting! 🙂 Check it out!
Automation For Everyone – Easy Importing and Running
This is how easy it is to import and run a task in the new Tasker:
- You open a special TaskerNet link
- Click on import
- Run it!
This essentially turns Tasker into a mini-app hub that absolutely everyone can use! It’s like having an infinite number of apps for the price of one! 😉
Here’s a real example of a project that creates a quick tile that toggles adaptive brightness. You can import it from here.
If you want, you can still use old-school Tasker files with the new process by simply opening them from a file explorer:
There are already many pre-made Tasker projects that you can simply import and use at our forums, so please enjoy all of those right away! 🙂
Tasker can now upload files to your Google Drive. You can optionally share the files right away and get the share link so you can send the link to anyone.
For example, you could have a quick setting tile that took a screen shot of your phone, uploaded it to Google Drive and then copied the link to your clipboard so you can share it on a forum, Reddit, etc!
Automatic and Manual Backup
Tasker can now automatically backup your Tasker data to Google drive. It’ll keep daily copies of your data so you never have to worry about losing your data again! If you want you can even manually backup your data with a Tasker action!
Custom Setting Monitoring
You can now react to any setting changes on your device! As you may know, Tasker has both conditions (events that trigger stuff) and actions (actually doing stuff). Custom Setting was an action that was added on the last big Tasker update and this time around you get conditions for Custom Settings!
This means that you can, for example, link settings together! Examples:
- Set the screen brightness lower and turn down the media volume when you enable Do Not Disturb
- Enable dark theme on your phone when night light is enabled
Or you could do anything else you want with the events!
- Update widgets on your home screen with setting values
- Send them remotely with Join to your other devices so they can know about these changes
- Combine with other conditions to make profiles only activate when certain settings are enabled or disabled
Many New Actions
One of the most exciting parts of new Tasker releases for me (when I didn’t own Tasker) was to check out what new actions there were. And this one has a whole bunch of them!
- Google Drive Upload: upload a file to a folder on your Google Drive and optionally share it. Demo here.
- Display Size: change the size of your display dinamically. Demo here.
- NFC: Toggle NFC on or off
- Status Bar Icons: Hide icons on your status bar. Demo here.
- Force Rotation: Make your display rotate and stay rotated in a certain direction. Demo here.
- Data Backup: Backup Tasker data with optional Google Drive backup. Demo here.
- Ping: Check the connectivity and latency to a remote network host
- Ask Permissions: Mainly for users that share tasker data with others or exported Apps
Even More Stuff
A lot of other stuff was added or changed in this release like multi-SIM support for SMS for example, so if you want to read about all the changes, check out the full changelog here.
If you want to comment on this release you can do so here!
Enjoy the new Tasker! 🙂