- Updated Muzei section in AutoTools Image action to use new Muzei plugin API
- Added Area input field in OCR action so you can select which area of the image to scan
- Added x,y coordinates output variable to the OCR action so you can know where each text was recognized
- Updated Target API to Android Pie
- Added option to Web Screens to keep screen on when possible
- In JSON read silently continue if a non-existing array is read instead of reporting an error
2.1.5 (Beta) (2018/05/24)
- All beta features below are now available for everyone
- Made JSON Read action end in error if an invalid XML file is used
2.1.4b (Beta) (2018-03-28)
- Revamped Plugin system so that plugin calls are faster and more reliable. Video demo here. You have to use the latest Tasker beta to use this new system.
- Fixed Map dialog
2.1.3b (Beta) (2017-11-14)
- Added pinch to zoom and list mode to the image selector. Demo here.
- Added an image selector that’ll help you select images anywhere where multiple images can be selected. This will be available on all AutoApps once they are updated. Demo here.
- Added option to get image dimensions in the AutoTools Image action
- Changed way to get image colors in the AutoTools Image action. A separate option is now needed
2.1.1b (Beta) (2017-10-27)
- Added Secure Settings Assistant to help you find custom settings automatically. Demo here.
- Renamed Wallpapers/Muzei action to Image
- Added Image Colors option in the Image action that allows you to get dominant colors related to the image. On Android 8.1 you’ll be able to get a secondary and tertiary color related to the image like this. Notice how the text and background colors change depending on the image. 🙂
- Added setting to change the current assistant on your phone in the Secure Settings Tasker action, under Services. Demo here.
- All of the beta features below are available for everyone!
- Added option to enable/disable/toggle bluetooth tethering in the connectivity action
- Added functions to Web Screens to make this screen possible.
- Added option to use USSD code in the AutoTools -> Connectivity -> Phone Tasker action
- Added function so Web Screens can get the position of the overlay they are in, which allows for something like this video demo
2.0.1b (Beta) (2017-09-08)
- Added ability to use icons from Icon packs! This means you can use thousands upon thousands of different icons from all the icon packs that are out there! Video example here!
- Android 8+: answer phone call with the official Android API instead of the unofficial one that doesn’t work on all devices.
- Added “Command on Close” option to Web Screens so that an AutoApps command is sent when the screen closes
All of the beta features are now available for everyone! 🙂
- Web Screens: re-imagining the way you create UI in Tasker. Pick a preset, configure it, done! New screens added all the time and users can submit new Web Screen types as well.
- HTML Read: effortlessly read data from web pages be it single values or lists
- AutoTools Root Add-on: for actions that can only be done with root like Airplane mode toggling, disabling notifications, or apps in the background the new AutoTools companion app is here!
- Android 7 App Shortcuts: setup commands to be sent when long-clicking the AutoTools icon on your home screen
- New Secure Settings: Screen lock, color inversion, screen orientation, immersive mode, changing system language and more!
- Wake On LAN
- Force Connect to Bluetooth Device
- AutoTools Launcher: dynamically change what happens when you press the home button on your device: dynamically set your launcher, send AutoApps commands and more!
- Media State Condition: React to changes in music playing states
- New System States: Network Traffic, System Info, Screen
- Made importing Web Screens be done through a Card List Web Screen. Web Screen inception! 😀 Check it out here
- If a Web Screen preset isn’t present when a user runs a task that uses that preset, it’ll be automatically imported
- Other smaller bug fixes
- New Web Screen: Navigation Drawer! Import it here!
- Ability for Web Screens to change the layout of the dialog/overlay
- Other smaller bug fixes
- Ability to search web screen presets when importing from server
- option for Local Commands in Web Screens so that commands do not trigger AutoApps events but only populate the %atcommand variable
- option to Close Web Screens on error so that the screens will stop when there’s an error on the page
- option to save preset on server in main app
- Added ability for Web Screens to be updated without reloading the entire screen. Demo here.
- New Web Screen Notification which resembles an Android Notification. Demo here.
- Option to make whole Web Screen overlay draggable instead of just on the drag handle
- Zoom In animation for Web Screens
- New Web Screen Loading Dialog with various types of loading animations to use in a dialog. Demo here.
- Drag Movements option that allows you to restrict overlay drag movement to horizontal or vertical only
- Web Screen support option in main app
- Functions for Web Screens to vibrate the phone and perform haptic feedback.
- Preview button to new webscreen notification
- Options to edit presets in main app
- You can add additional files when creating your Web Screen Presets now
- Added option to support Web Screens development. You’ll receive a super secret exclusive Web Screen and be totally awesome! 😀
- Added option for a close button on overlays so you can close them directly
- added option to fling for dismiss for overlays
- fixed “fill” height for overlays
- Added option for setting release notes when saving a Web Screen to the server
- Added Manage Web Screens option in the main app
- Overlays 😀 Check out a demo here!
- Web Screens can now be shown in multiple ways, including normal, immersive, dialog, overlay, overlay no input and toast
- Revamp of the AutoTools Web Screen configuration screen. You’ll probably need to reconfigure some settings on your existing Web Screen actions. Sorry about that.
- Added Web Screen Presets: ever-growing list of user-shareable screens that allow you to easily use other people’s screens as your own
- Added option to wait for command on Web Screens, allowing you to effectively treat Web Screens as dialogs
1.0.17b (Beta) (2017-06-14)
- Added support for setting the navigation bar color on AutoTools Web Screens
- Added support for more AutoTools Web Screen variables related features
- Added support for more AutoTools Web Screen variables related features. Example here.
- Added dialog position for AutoTools Dialog actions under Advanced
- Added Web Screen variables! If you set special <meta> tags in your web screen html page, AutoTools will allow you to directly set variables in the page from Tasker! Check out the tutorial here.
- Added option to show Web Screen as a dialog as well as other dialog related options, like size, position, etc
- Added option to close the Web Screen when you send an AutoApps Command from it
- Added Title and Bottom background color options for dialogs
- Added Title alignment option for dialogs
1.0.12b (Beta) (2017-04-04)
- Added status bar and background color options for the Web Screen action so pages can look better while loading and when displaying
1.0.11b (Beta) (2017-03-29)
- Added AutoTools Assistant event condition which happens if you long press your home screen and have AutoTools defined as your assistant in Android Settings -> Apps -> Settings (top-right) -> Assist & voice input -> Assist App
- Added Ping option in the AutoTools Connectivity action
- Added new AutoTools Web Screen action! Build full screen web pages to fully control your device. Tutorial here.
- Added ability for AutoTools to receive AutoApps Commands from links on web pages. If a link is something like autotoolscommand://COMMAND_HERE, then if you click it, the COMMAND_HERE command will be sent
- Added option to change system language in AutoTools Secure Settings
- Bugfix: made actions not reset the timeout after they are re-configured
1.0.9b (Beta) (2017-03-14)
- added option to output HTML in the HTML Read action in Tasker
- Added new AutoTools Launcher action in Tasker that allows you to change your launcher dynamically whenever you want
- Added Force Connect Bluetooth option in AutoTools Connectivity so you can force-connect to a bluetooth device at will
- Added option to use an SSH key file in the AutoTools SSH action
- Made a lot of changes to the HTML Read easy setup so that it’s much easier to setup. Check video example here.
- Added Media State condition which allows you to react to whenever media state changes on your device
- Added more media info to the System States action
- In AutoTools root added new setting that allows you to enable/disable if apps can show notifications or not. Get beta for that here.
- new AutoTools HTML Read action which makes reading data from webpages very easy. Features a built-in assistant to help you get started.
- For root users added link to download AutoTools Root Add-on: an add-on for AutoTools that allows you to perform various root-only actions in Tasker. To use it, join its beta here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.joaomgcd.autotoolsroot
- Added to Secure Settings: Automatic Screen Lock, Color Inversion, Screen Orientation, Immersive Mode
- Added to Connectivity: Wake On LAN, Answer Phone Call
- Added to System States: Network Traffic, System Info, Screen (locked and secure info)
- Fixed dialog windows appearing in recent apps list