Query your contacts in Tasker with AutoContacts!
To get Started with querying contacts:
- In Tasker, create a new Task and add a new action: plugins->AutoContacts
- In the Name or Nickname field write a name of a contact you know is on your list and has a phone number. Accept the settings
- Add a Popup action in Tasker and in the title field write %acname and in the text field write %acnumber
- Test the Task with the “Play” button on the lower left in Tasker: you’ll see a popup window with the name of your contact as the title and the number of your contact as the text
- You can use Tasker Variables in the AutoContacts fields, so you can dynamically query the contacts you want, with AutoVoice for instance
- If it doesn’t work, please follow the steps in the FAQ here: http://joaoapps.com/autocontacts/faq
- You can use the little tag icon to insert AutoContacts variables automatically in any Tasker text field.
- You can now use your contact’s info any way you like. You can call them, email them, text them, navigate to their home, setup a notification with their birthday, start a hangout with them, the list goes on and on!