- Updated target API to 33. This could break some stuff. Let me know if it does. Thanks!
- Added Click Media Button option in Command To Control in the AutoNotification Media action. Allows you to click any media button available on the notification.
The AutoNotification Tiles action now allows you to set a Subtext (a second line of info) to any of your tiles!
The AutoNotification Media action now allows you to scrub music by percentage. For example, if you set Seek to 50% it’ll seek to the middle of the song.
The AutoNotification Media action now allows you to skip forwards or backwards X amount of time. Check out the demo below:
All features below are now available for everyone
- Made AutoNotification use Tasker’s Command event
- Fixed long standing but where in some situations run stored AutoNotification actions would not work
- Fixed getting icons for some conversation notifications
- Added some output fields to intercepted notifications
- Added Category Importance and Ignore Group Summaries options in Intercept Event
- Added permission to display over other apps (needed for android 10+)
- Added AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons action for Android 8+. Allows you to temporarily hide all notification icons and then bring them back again. Example here.
- Added ability to filter by group name in the AutoNotification Categories action. This allows you for example to disable Gmail notifications for just a given account. Example here.
Beta features below released for everyone!
3.9.6b (Beta) (2018-01-29)
- Added way to easily find buttons to click in the AutoNotification Actions Tasker action
- Changed Support links from Google+ community to Reddit (because Google+ is going to be shut down)
3.9.5b (Beta) (2018-12-20)
- Made the AutoNotification Reply action much easier to use by simply selecting the app you want to reply to. Demo.
- Now supports more types of Reply notifications (like the Google Home one). Demo.
3.9.4b (Beta) (2018-12-06)
- Made the AutoNotification Actions action much easier to use. You can now directly click a notification or notification button simply by specifying the text to click. Demo here.
3.9.2b (Beta) (2018-10-31)
- Added new AutoNotitication Media action to get info about media notifications, including artist, track, album, current position, and more! Check out how to use this to get the lyrics for the currently playing song in this demo!
- This new action can even get queue info, so you can do stuff like, showing the queued songs in a list and selecting one to skip to, like this!
- This new action can also control your media notifications. You can play/pause, skip, seek, rate and more on supported apps! See a demo for rating here!
Released beta features below for everyone.
3.9b (Beta) (2018-08-08)
- Added Conversation options so that you can create conversation notifications like in this example
- Added Reply Choices option so that on Android P and Android Wear a pre-filled list of options appear for you to reply with
- Updated target API to Android Pie
- Fixed issue with Gmail Buttons on Android Pie
- Android Auto action had to be removed. Google only allows messaging and media apps to use Android Auto functionality
- Fixed issue where LED color for notifications with notification categories would always appear red.
3.8.3b (Beta) (2018-05-04)
- new Android Auto action! Allows you to create notifications that you can interact with by touch or voice 🙂 Demo here.
3.8.2b (Beta) (2018-04-10)
- Switched to using Services for plugin actions/conditions. Tasker integration should now be faster than ever! More info here.
- Fixed issue with Gmail buttons on Android Oreo
- Fixed issue where wrong notification channel was sometimes being configured
- Fixed issue where Spam action for Gmail notifications was not working
- Fixed bug in gmail button actions
3.7.2b (Beta) (2018-02-21)
- Added notification blocking helper: makes it much easier to block notifications. Blocking will automatically be case insensitive and you can use multiple blocking filters by separating them with commas. Demo here.
- Added %anextras variable when querying notifications that contains all of the extras in a notification in JSON format
The Gmail Buttons feature is now available for everyone!
3.7b (Beta) (2017-12-13)
- Added a lot of button options for the notifications. You can now choose from these actions (preview here):
- Read And Archive
- Delete And Read
- Fixed a few bugs regarding the Gmail notifications
3.6b (Beta) (2017-12-12)
- Demo of new features here.
- Added option to customize buttons in Gmail notifications. You can now choose from Archive, Reply, Read, Read & Archive and Star. Let me know if you’d like other buttons to show up as options.
- Grouped notifications on Android 7+
Mark As Read released for everyone!
3.3.2b (Beta) (2017-11-03)
- Added Option for different sounds for each account on Gmail Mark as Read
- fixed some Mark As Read bugs
3.3.1b (Beta) (2017-10-24)
- New standalone feature: Gmail Mark As Read. Will replace your Gmail notifications with AutoNotification notifications but with a new ✓ Read button which will mark the email as read on Gmail right from the notification. Demo video here.
- Added ability to modify notification categories without the need for Tasker even for apps that don’t support notification categories!
- Fixed issues when selecting “Don’t change” options in Categories action
- Fixed issues with Notification Intercept service getting “stuck” and not able to be enabled (reboot device to apply)
- Fixed issue when using variable for Snooze action
Beta features now out for everyone! Check out this video tutorial on how to block persistent notification on Android Oreo without the need for Tasker!
- Option to only show first row of buttons in collapsed view of button notifications
2.5.35b (Beta) (2017-09-05)
- Standalone feature: AutoNotification now allows you to block notifications without the need for Tasker!
- Added support for icon packs. This means you can now use any of the icons in icon packs on Google Play on your notifications!
- Apply block rules on boot
Android 8+ only Features:
- New Snooze Tasker action to snooze notifications
- New Categories Tasker action to edit/query notification categories
- Cancel/Block persistent notifications
- Badge type for supported launchers, colorize background on media notifications, group alert behaviour
- Notification Intercept can filter by reason notification was cancelled (user dismissed, notification click, system cancelled, etc)
- Notification Query can retrieve info on snoozed notifications instead of regular ones
- New variables for notification cancel reason: %ancancelreason (code) and %ancancelreasontext (description of cancel reason)
- Added Long tap action in tiles
- Added Notification Category options when creating notification
Fixed inserting Tasker variables into text fields for the latest Tasker beta.
Now all local Tasker variables will be sent to AutoNotification regardless if you used them or not. Check out a video example here
All of the beta features now available for everyone. Highlights:
- AutoNotification Tables: create tables in your notification tray. Tutorial here.
- AutoNotification Block by title and text: fine-tune your notifications to only allow the ones you really want to show up. Also replace notification with your own customized versions! Tutorial here.
2.5.31b (Beta) (2017-05-23)
- New “Rows as Columns” option in AutoNotification Table to switch rows with columns
- Optionally set image size in table notifications
- query blocked notifications
- clear all notification blocks
2.5.30b (Beta) (2017-05-17)
- Added ability to set commands for each table cell
- If width is left blank, will be calculated automatically from content
- Added query for Android 7 tiles
- Added query for Notification Blocks
2.5.27b (Beta) (2017-05-11)
- Added text alignment options
- Added ability to use images as table data
2.5.26b (Beta) (2017-05-10)
- Added options for line separator and to change background and text colors in table notifications
- Made it possible to assign multiple column widths and row heights in table notifications
2.5.25b (Beta) (2017-05-09)
- New type of notification: Table Notification. Check here for an example.
- Allow http files (like icons) to be set from urls with basic authentication (http://user:firstname.lastname@example.org/icon.jpg)
- Allow to set the sound of a notification from a local file or URL by providing the direct path (supports Tasker variables)
- Added Timeout option when creating notifications which will make notifications go away after a set period of time
- Added AutoNotification Block action which allows you to set apps which notifications are blocked from appearing on your device. AutoNotification Intercept will still be triggered even if a notification is blocked
- Added free 7 day trial option so you can try out the full app
- Added options to show a chronometer in a notification counting either up or down
- Added another 20 AutoNotification tiles, making those 40 now!
2.5.22b (Beta) (2017-01-11)
- Added options to show a chronometer in a notification counting either up or down
- added 15 AutoNotification tiles, making the grand total 20! 🙂
- You can now also hide the tiles you don’t want in the main app if you feel 20 is too much.
- Notification tiles can now have a double tap command
- Notification tiles can require the phone to be unlocked to be used
- Notifications tiles can hide the notification tray after being clicked
- Made it possible to use text as the status bar icon in both AutoNotification and Buttons notifications.
- This means you can also use any of compatible icons available here as the status bar icon 🙂
- Added tint, text, and disable options to Buttons notification and made background ripple when clicked on Marshmallow and above
- Made button notification show ripple animation in the button backgrounds on Marshmallow and above
- Made button tint able to handle multiple values
- Added optional texts to button notification with selectable size and color
- Added option so that you can disable buttons
- Added Tint option in AutoNotification Buttons action
- All the beta features mentioned below
- made it possible to set custom status bar and notification icons on Android 6.0 and above!
- added some code to restrict N functionality to Android N only
- All the Android N related updates seen here: http://joaoapps.com/tasker-and-android-n/
- Tiles: set quick access tiles from Tasker
- Replies: Reply to something right in a notification
- Groups: group together notifications
- Released all beta features for everyone! 🙂
- Fixed bug where buttons disappeared after updating notification
- Fixed bug where browsing an icon and pressing back would reset the icon
- Removed Notification Intercept system preferences link from Intercept condition when intercept is enabled
2.1.36b (Beta) (2015-10-11)
- ability to update an existing notification by filling in only the desired fields. In the video example I use the update option to make a persistent notification not-persistent and then persistent again. 🙂
- query option for reply only notifications: allows you to only query notifications that you can reply to with the “AutoNotification Reply” action. in the video example I created a mini reply manager where you can reply to all existing eligible notifications with AutoTools dialogs
- get all fields option in query
- query can select apps from a list instead of just manually
- no cache option for picture
- will not use field if it’s an unset variable
- notifications on tasker action errors
2.1.35b (Beta) (2015-06-30)
- Added ability to cancel notifications by app, package name, title and text so it’s easier to cancel on demand
2.1.32b (Beta) (2015-04-27)
- You can now perform any notification’s buttons action from AutoNotification! Before you could only performed button actions from standard Android notifications, but now you can do it from any type of notifications, like the YouTube casting one for example!
2.1.29b (Beta) (2015-04-07)
- You can now reply to almost any messaging app in the background! Even if your screen is locked if you want!
2.1.27b (Beta) (2015-01-15)
- You can now configure each button row in the Buttons notifications independently. For example, each row can have a different amount of icons
- made html formatting optional in the AutoNotification action
- fixed bug where notifications with images could hang AutoNotification
2.1.26b (Beta) (2015-01-14)
- Added “AutoNotification Buttons Notification” action. Allows you to put A LOT of buttons on a single notification
- Made most of the text fields of a normal AutoNotification HTML compatible so you can format it at will
- bug fixes
2.1.22b (Beta) (2014-10-24)
- fixed some problems with public notifications related to tasker variables
- fixed button 4 and 5 in notifications not having access to all icons
2.1.21b (Beta) (2014-10-23)
- New notification features for Android Lollipop!
- Notification popup: set priority to max and sound on a notification and it will show a small popup with it
- Notification privacy: set your notifications to private or secret. Define a public notification for private notifications to show a different notification on your lock screen. Set it to secret to not show on the lock screen at all. Check the video for an example
- Media Notifications: create notifications with up to 5 buttons in expanded mode and 3 buttons in collapsed mode!
2.1.8b (Beta) (2014-05-22)
- Attempt to fix Out of memory crash
- Attempt to fix notification icon scaling
2.1.7b (Beta) (2014-05-22)
- Added 50 new icons
- bug fixes
2.1.5b (Beta) (2014-05-22)
- Added “AutoNotification Toast Intercept” Event. With it, you’re able to react to whenever toasts are posted to the Android system.
2.1.4b (Beta) (2014-05-19)
- Added “AutoNotification” Tasker Event to replace the “AutoNotification” Tasker “fake event” state.
- Fixed notifications so that status bar and button icons don’t break every time I add new icons. Unfortunately on this version, icons will break and will all revert to the default AutoNotification icon. Sorry about that.
2.1.1b (Beta) (2014-04-23)
- Added support for Ipack icons. This means you can now use hundreds of new icons for your notifications. Only the notification tray icons can be set this way though, not the status bar icon.
2.1b (Beta) (2014-04-22) Video at the link
- Added option to disable Event Behaviour in the “AutoNotification Intercept” condition. This means that you can keep a Tasker profile active as long as certain notification is present for example.
- Added “AutoNotification Query” Tasker action that allows you to get all notification info from the currently showing notifications
- Added App selector in the “AutoNotification Intercept” Tasker condition
- Added option to Fill Notification Intercept fields from any of the currently existing notifications
- Fixed (?) catching fast subsequent notifications
- Added option to manually set status bar and button icons so that you can use variables.
- Fixed bug where expanded text wouldn’t be correctly set.
- Fixed crash when using the KitKat file picker to select files.
- AutoNotification is out of beta! 🙂
- Added new “AutoNotification Actions” Tasker action to let you perform any action that an intercepted notification has.
- Fixed AutoNotification Cancel action when cancelling other app’s notifications.
- Fixed help screens.
- Fixed action on dismiss for big picture notifications
- Added 143 new icons
- Changed the way you get the text of notification in Notification intercept. Now should give you the real notification text more accurately on normal notifications, ie, not custom designed ones
- Added 2 new Notification fields for when a notification is expanded:
- Expanded Title
- Expanded Text
- Added 1 new Notification field for when a big picture notification is expanded:
- Expanded Icon
- Fixed vibration for expansible notifications. Wasn’t working at all.
- Reduced the internal memory space AutoNotification Intercept uses
- You can now purchase an AutoNotification unlock key in addition to the in-app unlock. Get it here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.joaomgcd.autonotification.unlock
- New KitKat only variables! And Lots of them!!
- Added option to get more info on intercepted notifications
- Added option to intercept persistent, non-persistent or both types of notifications
- Added Status Bar Icon variable
- If the detected text is empty, return the ticker text instead
- Fixed some crashes
Notification interception fully implemented! (4.3 only)
Lots of new icons (now working)!
You can get all the text from the notifications, but now you can also get all images!!
This makes it possible to do stuff like in the video!
The notification in Chrome is a bonus that is not possible with this version yet, but will be in a future version. Just a teaser for now 🙂 (Excuse my super slow internet connection. Chrome notifications should be almost instant on a normal connection)
Those lucky enough to be running Android 4.3 now get to intercept other app’s notifications!
Think of this as a supercharged Tasker “Notification” event condition.
With the new Notification Intercept you can select what notifications you want to intercept and then in the entry task you’ll have several variables available (more to come):
– %anid” : the id of the intercepted notification
– %anapp”: the app name the notification originated from
– %anpackage”: the package
– %antitle”: the notification’s title
– %antext”: text
– %anticker” : ticker
Like I said, I can get lots of info about the intercepted notification, so keep your eyes open for that.
Also, I’ll be adding support for notification cancelling interception and a way for you to cancel other app’s notifications as well.
This feauture only works on the full version of AutoNotification and on Android 4.3+