- Follow this great guide by XDA to get Google Assistant on your PC
- Open the command prompt
- Run this command to install the special AutoVoice version of the Google Assistant Server:
py -c "from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib; from urllib.request import urlretrieve; urlretrieve('https://joaoapps.com/AutoApps/Help/Info/com.joaomgcd.autovoice/googleassistant/__main__.py', get_python_lib() + '/googlesamples/assistant/__main__.py')"
- Install the AutoVoice Chrome Extension and option its options page
- Set the wake up command for Google Assistant to any phrase you like, such as “Hey Google”
- Enable the “Always Listening” option at the top
- Set the “Wake Up Expression” option to something other than the expression you use for Google Assistant
- Back in the command prompt run
py -m googlesamples.assistant
to start the assistant process
- Say “Hey Google” (or whatever expression you chose) followed by your command to talk to Google Assistant!
Important Note: You have to keep the assistant process running in the background if you want to talk to Google Assistant this way.
Extra info:The Google Assistant process will trigger Google Assistant if you access http://localhost:6006/wakeup on this PC. With this in mind you can trigger Google Assistant from anywhere you want by accessing that URL 🙂