If you sign in to start a trial, your email address will be sent to a server so that the date of the trial can be checked.
If you use the Gmail Buttons feature your email address is stored locally but no other data is stored or sent to any server. Your emails are safe from prying eyes 🙂
To make it very clear, AutoNotification doesn’t collect any data from Gmail other than saving your credentials to your local storage so that you can use said web service. AutoNotification does not share any data with any third parties.
Regarding Gmail, the authorization scopes below are needed:
- https://mail.google.com/ – AutoNotification needs to allow the user to delete threads and messages via notification buttons, bypassing the trash. Other than deleting threads permanently, this scope is not used.
auth/gmail.modify – AutoNotification allows the user to mark a message as read, archive it, star it, etc via notification buttons
auth/gmail.readonly – AutoNotification needs to read the user’s gmail titles, dates and sender address so that it can try to match received notifications with gmail thread ids so that it can create duplicate notifications with the added buttons
Ways AutoNotification Uses Google User Data
- Accesses: AutoNotification normally only accesses the users email address for the purpose of tracking the user’s trial start date. It can also access the user’s gmail data if the user decides to use the Gmail Buttons functionality
- Uses: AutoNotification normally only uses the user’s email address to keep track of the date the user started a trial in AutoNotification. If the user decides to use the Gmail Buttons functionality, every time the user receives a Gmail notification it’ll gather the following info from the notification and use it to look up which email it corresponds to so it can take action on it on behalf of the user:
- user’s email address
- email title
- email date
- email sender’s address.
- Stores: AutoNotification stores the user’s email address on its server only for the purposes of tracking when the user first started its trial. No other personal info is stored anywhere.
- Shares: AutoNotification doesn’t share any personal Google user data with any third party