Read Clipboard Permissions on Android 10
To read your clipboard on Android 10, Join needs to be granted permission to read system logs and draw over other apps on your device
- Enable Developer Mode: Go to Android Settings -> About Phone and look for the Build Number option. Touch it multiple times until developer mode is enabled.
- Enable USB Debugging: Go to Android Settings -> and look for the Developer Options option. In there, enable the USB debugging option.
- Install ADB on your PC: Check here for a quick way to do it.
- Connect device to PC: Connect your device to a PC and look on your phone. A prompt should show up asking you to allow your phone to be debugged by your PC. Accept this.
- Open the command prompt from the file folder that contains the extracted downloads. To do this, press the windows key and type cmd. When the prompt opens, type cd followed by folder your downloaded ADB to.
- Grant permission: Open a command line a on your PC and write these 4 commands (one at a time)
adb -d shell appops set com.joaomgcd.join SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW allow
adb shell pm grant com.joaomgcd.join android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
adb shell pm grant com.joaomgcd.join android.permission.READ_LOGS
adb shell am force-stop com.joaomgcd.join
If you're on a mac write
./adb -d shell appops set com.joaomgcd.join SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW allow
./adb shell pm grant com.joaomgcd.join android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
./adb shell pm grant com.joaomgcd.join android.permission.READ_LOGS
./adb shell am force-stop com.joaomgcd.join
- This will close Join, so open Join again manually so that it can resume functioning normally.
- On MIUI devices you may have to open developer options and enable the USB debugging (Security Settings) setting to be able to run the above command.
- If you're having trouble with it saying that your device is not authorized, please check here.